Friday 5 February 2010

Home

Oh London, my heart misses you so much this week :-(

I miss Sundays in Brick Lane, rummaging around for the treasures.
I miss the jaunts Alex and I made to The Ten Bells.
I miss the Tate Modern, even though my eyes saw the same things week after week; art in a power station is a nice thing.
I miss existing in a workplace where I can understand everything that is being said to me.
I miss lunch at the Fig and Olive with Mum.
I miss the Sadlers Wells.
I miss my cat.
I miss reading a good book on the Tube and catching eyes with the stranger sitting opposite me.
I miss the shop that I wish was my wardrobe.
I miss brunch on the Southbank with Matthew.
I will even go so far as to say that I miss the 4am nightbus.

I miss it all. Please be the same when I return.

This picture is by Miroslav Sasek. I love his 'This Is...' series - the pictures are so wonderful.





xo

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to see that you're sad that you're not with your friends and family, but believe me, one day you're going to look back on this experience and you're going to be so proud of yourself that you did it! Enjoy your time in Japan as much as you can, because when will you get the opportunity to spend months and months away from home? All the new experiences and adventures are going to change you and make you a better person! Explore the world and have fun!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete